nuffnang

Monday, December 25, 2017

28. DBSK

I've not felt so nostalgic in such a long time.

Suddenly I found myself listening to jay chou, mayday and more significantly, dbsk. If you knew 2006 me onwards you'd know i was a huge kpop fan and specifically, in love with this band called dbsk which consisted of 5 members. it was a time when kpop was uncool, gay whathaveyou. they were one of the only things that kept me sane and believe it or not, happy. i was a fan for YEARS, collected their merch and even bought a ticket to see them live - i eventually did not b/c my dad was paranoid about going to bangkok during the protests and i to this day have regretted not seeing them but did 14 year old me have any say? none. this is b/c in 2009, 3 of the members filed a lawsuit against their company and the 5 of them did not move together. I don't know how a band could have such an effect on me. The 3 happened to contain my bias so i naturally followed them more. but it was always 5. the 5 of them were best together. When the 3 came to singapore for a concert, i immediately jumped on the opportunity to see the best vocalists of dbsk.

If in the near future, they come back together as 5, i will cry happy hard tears. they were legends to say the least. i will never ever forget this part of my tween years because i was a fan for a good 3-4 years before they split and whenever i chance upon their music every now and then, the feels are too much for my cassie heart.

It would be their 14th anniversary as 5 tomorrow, 26/12.

I am now going to hide in a hole of my own pity party and listen to their music endlessly. Hello, 2000s kpop. OG fans, join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment