nuffnang

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

27. Work.


This gif could not be anymore accurate than what I am trying to convey in this post. Work. Looking back on all the posts from uni days and even ac days got me feeling nostalgic and emotional - yearning for the kind of freedom that comes with being a student. Honestly, if the most important thing to worry for is exams or the next proposal/presentation/essay to be submitted - that is a simple simple period of time in your life that one should never take for granted. I wish there was a way for me to relive my memories, in person, a la Harry Potter style... especially when the working 'adult' world gets too much to handle, it could be such a comfort to relive past memories that remain dear to me...

Of course it is not characteristic of every office-goer to feel like crap on Monday morning, insisting on that cuppa coffee. I am certain there are individuals passionate enough about the work that they do so much so it's a calling, less of a chore. I salute these individuals and I can only hope that in the time to come, in future, I am able to find that sort of balance for myself and find pride in the work that I do so that it doesn't become such a pain/chore to wake up every weekday, take the public transport and work from 9-5pm staring at screen.

Sometimes, more often than not, I second guess the reason I am here, whether there is any difference in the work I do on society and an entire existential crisis (DAN HOWELL VIBES) series of emotions fill my heart and my head is less rational than it should be. In a time of economic uncertainty, I end up feeling GUILT because if I have a job, what's there to complain, there's so many people who'd kill to be in my position versus being an unemployed blob. Then I just shut these feelings off and go about my day like.I know.what.I.am.doing. (I don't). 

Till when I can feel truly HAPPY in my work-shoes, then I guess I'll rely on coffee, tauhuey and memes to get through the day.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment