nuffnang

Friday, January 1, 2016

15. Goodbye


Yesterday, on New Year's Eve, I found out that my grandpa passed away. He was a man of few words, but his presence was always felt. He was a man of God, always saying goodbye to us with quotes from the bible. My dad would speak highly of him and always made sure we spent time together despite everyone's busy schedules. 

This picture was taken on the 13 of December, in celebration of my 21st birthday. Amoy street. Where ACS first started. He was always talking about ACS, like the institution changed his life for better. He was the guest of Honour for founders day on many occasions - never losing the opportunity to visit ACS. He would sing the anthem for us, "From days of yore"...."Oldham dauntless hero came and planted a beacon of truth and light".... And I guess that rubbed off on me too for I love and cherish the time I had in ACS when it was my turn. 

But this is not about me. This is about my grandpa. I'm lucky to have four grandparents by my side as I grew up. And even luckier that they all played (and continue to play) important roles in looking after me and  my Sister, as well as their other grandchildren. I shan't ramble on. 

Grandpa, on the 31st of December I attended the last class/lecture I would in university. It was a milestone for me, before commencing thesis writing. But on this same day, you went back to God. It is with a heavy heart that I usher in the new year. I love you and treasure all the meals we have had, the time spent together and I know you're in a better place now. 

As it is said... 
The best is yet to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment