nuffnang

Saturday, July 18, 2015

07. Carousell: SHE SCAMMED ME & MANY OTHERS


--
I'm going to make this post short and sweet cause when it comes to scam and fraud I'd want my point to get across as straight forward as possible. 

I put up my Topshop dungarees on sale as one does, and received a chat from her asking if I was interested in trades. I hardly do trades but I've had all pleasant experiences thus far and her listings looked pretty promising.... I saw a pair of Topshop jeans and thought why not, it's the same price range, same brand and in my size, why the hell not?

We arranged to meet at Bishan today (fast deals wow, like her already) and as our conversation below would show, she refused to give me her handphone number. I was totally fine with that as I've dealt successfully numerous times through the app chat. I should have suspected it though, when she did not want to offer on the item. 

We met up (she was late-.-), exchanged items and before I could even check, in the split of a second she was already off?!? I then spammed her received no replies and then I just became a very very fuming and frustrated person at Bishan. (Thank god my boyfriend was there I would not have dealt with this very well by myself lol)




DOES THIS LOOK LIKE TOPSHOP JONI JEANS TO YOU. REALLY. You could've at least gotten the color right.... 'light denim'........
--
So what did I do???
I proceeded to email carousell on this matter and immediately reported her listing as fraud.
I then posted on my account (akkcsells) entitled 'Bloody scammer/fraud' - to warn others so they would not fall into the same trap I did. I had nothing else to do, I didn't have a phone number nor an address NOR the ability to leave a negative feedback on her damn page. The very least, I could warn others.

Within 15mins, 2 people sent me personal messages and 2 others commented on how they had been scammed by the same person..... Others thanked me because they would have went ahead and dealt with her if not for my warning. One girl was even supposed to meet her today but she cancelled to opt for mail instead... and hear this, FOR THE SAME JONI JEANS. WOW WANT TO SCAM 2 PEOPLE IN 1 DAY?? *applaud* Also, one of them even CHASED after her but to no avail.

THIS IS THE LOW DOWN ON THE SCAMMER. Please please beware I do not want the same thing happening to anyone else:
  1. She has had 3 accounts to date. The first account is cybershitz followed by wanteds0uls and now c0hffee. The dangerous thing is she can (and probably will) make more accounts as they get suspended by carousell to continue doing this heinous deed of hers
  2. She will never give her handphone number/offer on your post 
  3. Handphone number: 900801**
  4. Address: #04-433, IN CCK
(^Got these thanks to the girl who was supposed to mail her. I have the full details but I'm omitting them........)

ALWAYS ask for real life pictures (I know how bloody irritating it is to be asked this especially when the item is true to stock pic but sometimes, better safe than sorry). If she cant produce it then you know something is up.
--
I am appalled that such people even exist. People will ask why so worked up over such a 'small' matter. This is no small matter to me, the principle of the matter has just gone haywire. Preying on the mutual trust that we who use carousell believe in. I've had so many deals (200 over??) and there has been those that irked me and frustrated me, what with stupid questions or asking me to send over 1029384 pictures and then telling me they're not interested anymore. But this takes the cake.

She's the cherry on top of the list of terrible buyers/sellers I've met on this platform. It is a wonderful app to sell / trade items that would otherwise be rotting at one corner of my wardrobe but you, if you ever read and chance upon my blogpost, you make me lose faith in humanity.

I hope you find joy in wearing clothes off the people you've scammed with the little conscience you have left. I wouldn't be surprised that even with a 3rd account suspension she'd find ways to create another, and another and continue scamming people.......so please please be careful.

I feel karma works in wondrous ways and what goes around, comes around. I choose to forgive (and forget, soon enough), and take it that my clothing was given to 'charity'. -.-  
--
These are the other posts by fellow victims.....:




Thank you for reading and please share with all your friends who use carousell!!!!

Till the next post, which I promise will be less dreadful :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment