nuffnang

Saturday, February 27, 2016

19. Saudade


Mama you were called home today (yesterday) to be with the Lord. I refuse to accept it but as I saw your body at the hospital, to the mortuary and to the casket.. I knew that reality would soon kick in. You were always there at every step of my growing up years. Whether it was kindergarten, sunday school, mgs, acs, and even when I started uni. It was pleasant and comforting whenever kong kong fetched me and you were there in the passenger seat. From macdonalds to tapao-ing my favourite chilli noodles, to my requests for instant noodles after school for tea and for my hair to be tied in braids, you gave in to me.... I loved staying over in your room for afternoon naps and even at you and kong kong's stays at Amara hotels and various chalets.

There's so many things that have gone through my head today and whatever I can make up from a slew of incoherent thoughts is how selfless and unconditional your love is with kong kong. I am so so so incredibly lucky to have been your grandchild, and with the rest have grown up so well because of you and kong kong's taking care of us for so many years. You took care of me for almost two decades and I couldn't be more thankful.

I relish in the thought that you're now rid of all pain, suffering and sorrow. I love you so much.

Psalm 23:6
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment