nuffnang

Thursday, June 11, 2015

03. Hits and Misses: Habitat Coffee

The boyfriend being comical at school...
I've decided to include a short little update before my last paper tomorrow (Hoorah!) and before I embark on a holiday trip this coming Monday.
My previous campus was situated near Upper Thomson and a couple of us would either drive down or hop on a bus 3-4 stops away to food haven... Since we moved campuses I've really missed the quaint cafes and atmosphere of Upper Thomson so I dragged the boyfriend along after a study session.
Eggs Benedict $12

Truffle fries, $8 | Dark Chocolate waffle, coconut ice cream $9 
It was my second time at Habitat Coffee!

Hits:
Truffle fries ($8) as pictured and the eggs benedict ($12). The truffle fries came aplenty, with the right amount of truffle oil drizzled over it. I've tasted many truffle fries, all more pricey than Habitat's and this for its affordability is a winner for me. Some fries are overly done and hard to the chew, but these were perfect, considering.
The eggs benedict had the right amount of hollandaise sauce atop the softest brioche. The only qualm I had with this dish was that sometimes the yolk doesn't flow out and other times its a good consistency.

Misses:
We decided to try the dark chocolate waffles with a scoop of coconut ice cream ($9) (a change from the usual belgium)...and it was a miss :( It wasn't crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside as we would have liked. No doubt it's on the cheaper side but I would rather fork out more for a waffle that would leave my tummy happy.
The coconut ice cream was a tad sweet and strong, using the Island Creamery's coconut flavor as a benchmark. I was hoping for a hit with this dish but alas... It's one of those 'one's man meat is another man's poison' scenarios.
--
I've heard other reviews mentioning the hotcakes with cream cheese and berries (new item on the menu) as a great alternative to waffles.
I'll definitely give it a try the next time I'm around the area!
That's all for today, and I hope most of ya'll (who are students) have a good holiday this June!

Habitat Coffee Pte Ltd 
233 Upper Thomson Rd, 574355
Nearest MRT: Marymount MRT
X

No comments:

Post a Comment